Remember what your mom used to say? “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.” Well moms in order to give yourself a great start to your day…
Always have carbs, protein and a little good fat with each meal! This will help you not to “crash” mid-morning. To have energy you must have all 3 of those things. It’s important. In other words a cup of coffee is NOT breakfast.
If you are a busy mom like me you need to be able to make something fast, and eat it fast too. Below I’ve listed 6 energizing breakfast ideas to get your day going, the right way.
Quick Healthy Energizing Breakfasts
1. Green Smoothie (fruit smoothie and add greens like spinach or kale to it…click the link for the green smoothie revolution post you can also check out Wendy’s Totally Desperate Mom’s How to Make Dr. Oz Approved Poop recipe)
2. Fruit Parfait sprinkled with nuts or granola
To make a parfait all you need is low fat yogurt, granola, and fresh fruit of your choice. I like to use blueberries, strawberries or peaches in min. All you have to do is grab a cup and put a layer of yogurt, then fruit, then yogurt, fruit, yogurt, and sprinkle the top with granola. That’s it!
3. PB& B wrap (spread peanut butter on a small whole wheat wrap and slice bananas on top. Roll up and take to go)
4. High fiber cereal (eat with organic 1% milk or almond milk)
5. Breakfast Pita (Canadian bacon, scrambled egg whites, and shredded low fat cheese placed inside of a whole wheat pita)
6. Boiled eggs, string cheese, and whole wheat toast with green tea
Mom’s you have no excuse to run out of the house without eating a balanced breakfast when it’s this easy! Just do it.
If you need some healthy fast to go breakfast ideas for your kids, check this out.