What’s Fit Meals Monday?
Fit Meals Monday is where anyone with a blog can link up to Fit Moms Fit Kids Club and share their family’s “healthy” food meal plan for the week. No blog, no problem! For those of you who don’t have a blog, you can leave your meal plan in the comments section below! No one should be left out because they don’t have a blog. Don’t let the word “healthy” scare you. Can you have a burger on Wednesday, sure! Can you have cake, yes and you can eat it too (I do). I find though that when I write down our meal plan for the week I am more intentional about making healthier choices. I know I go out to eat less often (saving me tons of $ by the way), I do less impulse shopping at the grocery store, and we eat much healthier types of food in my home when I have a meal plan. Our goal Fit Moms is to provide the best for our families providing them with the best opportunity to be healthy for life! We can plan and eat our way to less sickness, less disease, less medications, and less fat. By participating in Fit Meals Monday’s you will be able to share with the world your families plan for yummy fit meals and help yourself stay on track.
Why Fit Meals Monday?
I know of some sites that do menu planning. In fact I’ve mentioned some here on Fit Moms Fit Kids Club before. I LOVE what they are doing, but I felt like something was missing. Health! There are thousands of meals that are healthy and delicious. But, many of the meal plans I would look at lacked veggies, fruit, greens, lean meat, etc… I’d LOVE to see some raw menus, some vegetarian menus, some low fat menus, some meatless Mondays, some clean meals, some whole wheat, (and some wholesome homemade desserts) : ). We can do it! If your family’s health matters lets help each other and start sharing the load and sharing the wealth on our way to complete family heath.
Let’s Do This!
In order for this to run smoothly I thought I should set some guidelines. : ) So here you go!
- If you have a blog, you are welcome to come on by and link up your current weeks healthy meal plan. (remember we are going for healthy, that doesn’t mean you can’t splurge sometimes…just not daily.) If you don’t have a blog you are welcome to put your meals in the comments section too! We want you all to be able to participate! Blog or no blog we all want to be Fit Moms with Fit Kids for health, for life.
- Link to your current Fit Meal Monday plan, not to your homepage. Please help our readers out, but not making them search for it. They are coming for the menu first, then they can browse your blog.
- As a courtesy, please mention Fit Meals Monday and link back to our weekly Fit Meals Monday post. If you don’t you just may be deleted. : )
- We have a few banners that you are free to use below. You don’t have to use them, but please don’t create your own Fit Meal Monday banner, because that would be, well, just rude. : ) I will be adding more options soon. Just right click the banner of your choice and save it to your hard drive and then upload it to your post. If you have a MAC like me, you just can drag it to your desktop and upload it to your post.
- Make sure you visit some of the other links. This is the purpose. This is a community of women who want the best for their families. You will probably find a lot of great meal ideas for your family. I get in a rut, and I can’t wait to see what you Fit Moms cook so I can make a “new and improved” meal plan for my family. (Who’s a Fit Mom? Anyone with a desire to have a healthy family. Size, ethnicity, culture, age, age of children don’t matter, your heart’s desire does).
- Have fun! No one is judging you here! If you are cooking lasagna tonight, go for it! If you have a craving and are planning whole wheat organic mac and cheese, let us know. Ladies again, we are works in progress, if we were perfect we would not be here. We are also here to inspire, encourage, and learn from each other. So let’s do this! Don’t hate! Love one another!
Fit Meals Monday’s begin October 19, 2010
Help us spread the word! Tweet it Up! (#fitmealsmonday) Tell your friends on Facebook or your social networking community!