Welcome to Fit Meals Monday!!! I’m so excited for week 2! If you have no idea what I’m talking about, click here to find out all you need to know about Fit Meals Monday. I don’t know about you, but I get extremely busy, and when I don’t plan ahead I tend to feed my kids junk. Be it junk from a box, or junk from a fast food restaurant. Or, we go to a nice restaurant and spend $40+ on an over-sized meal that we gobble up and our stomachs hurt afterward. When I do these things I feel just awful, so that is why I created Fit Meals Monday.
The idea is for our community of moms to share our meal plans with each other. Why? So that we can get some inspiration from each other, and some new ideas from one another. I know I get in a rut! I’d LOVE to see what you gluten free moms are cooking, and what you vegan moms are making. I’d love to see how fat loving, fried food liking, fast food going moms are changing their menus to provide “better” meals for their families!
Here’s my menu for the week.
With Halloween coming this week I had to make my meal plan SIMPLE! I have 3 parties to make food or dessert for so I needed to make things that are fast and easy so I can have more energy this week. A lot of these meals are crockpot simple or just thaw, heat and serve. Some of our meals are from my once a month cooking day. This has really come in handy! I am planning another OAMC day soon to get my freezer stocked for the busy holiday season! More on that later! If I share a recipe link with you know that I do modify most recipes to my family’s liking, and to be more healthy.
- Meatless Monday- Red Beans and Rice with cornbread and salad. My family is from the south and we LOVE our Red Beans and Rice. I have not found the “perfect” recipe so if you have a good one, please share!
- Taco Tuesday- Lean Beef Tacos on lettuce “tortillas”. The meat for this was extra meat from my Once A Month Cooking day last month. Just thaw, heat and slap it on lettuce leaves. Delicious!
- Soup Wednesday- Mexican Chicken Tortilla Soup This is one of my favorite soups. Its SOOOO fast and easy! Again, I had a bag of leftover meat from my once a month cooking day and I’m using that for the soup.
- Raw Thursday- Veggie Burger on lettuce “bun”- Last week my husband had to work late so he didn’t get to make our veggie burger. This Thursday he’s making them from scratch! It’s a “raw recipe” from our “Daddy Does it Raw” series.
- Fish Friday- Tilapia Corn Chowder. I was supposed to make this last Friday, but our plans changed! We had a birthday party to go to, so we all ate at the party instead! I had free day! Gotta love those!
- Simple Saturday- French Dip Sandwiches and salad. I made and froze this during my once a month cooking day. All I will have to do is thaw and serve!
- Halloween- Block Party potluck (I’m making my famous chili)
What’s Your Fit Meals Monday Plan?
(Make sure you read our guidelines : ) Please click here)
If you have a blog, to join in on the fun and share your menu just add your post by clicking on the blue frog that says add your link from your Fit Meals Monday post not to your home page at the end of this post. If you don’t have a blog share your menu plan in the comment section below. (Check out last weeks if you don’t understand how this works.) In order to get a ton of recipes for all of us to look at and enjoy, spread the word and tell your blogging and non-blogging mommy friends via facebook and twitter, and JOIN us every Monday!